Monday, July 4, 2011

Have You Ever Wondered?

Have you ever wondered what anime would be like if it was never dubbed? All these little children's shows that are aired in North America have gone through extensive censoring no doubt. Sailor Moon's Zoisite is an example for one. The never aired Season 0 of Yugioh never made it's way across seas because of the violence it exposed children too.

Has it ever crossed anyone's mind, what would have happened if censoring here in North America was as lenient as it is over in Japan? Well I know what it would like. It would be a perfect world filled with nothing but yaoi, yuri, and that ever-loving friendship queen (and no I don't mean to bash her that much) Anzu would finally be killed off because someone got tired of hearing her talk about friendship!

We would have images like this!:
Zoisite and Kunzite; Yaoi

Yuri for the men

And Everyone's favorite, Hentai!

To think, if this is what no censorship would bring, how many would be in support of airing anime as children shows? No one that's who. But would that be such a bad thing. In my mind, I don't think anime should be just for little kids. 

Yeah sure! Give them Sonic the Hedgehog and Beyblade and even Pokemon! Those are little children shows that in no way, shape or form have they ever been altered to approve censorship, there is just no way. But Sailor moon, with Zoisite, Haruka, Michiru, and the Sailor Stars (who are the characters in the very last season of sailor moon that no one ever got to see in North America because they were boys that turned into women), Inuyasha: a male half demon, and priest camping out in the forest with two beautiful women, we all know something happened each night!, Dragon Ball Z: that's Yaoi waiting to happen! It's nothing but mean against men. 

Those are the ones that need to be uncensored, or at least tweaked to cater to yaoi lover's, yuri lover's, and hentai lover's needs. Because let's face it, it's too much of a hassle to go online and buy those type of DVDs or go to the movie store to the back area to see them, buy them, and then get home and find out it's a crappy DVD. It's nothing but disappointment. Put on TV first, that way, we can see if we actually like it before we buy it. At least consider putting it on Adult Swim or even HBO!

And so I leave you with this. The next time you wonder what a certain anime would be like if it weren't censored or a children's anime show, the best thing to do, is turn off the filter on Google, and search for images of that show and you'll see, just how many other people in the world, wonder just like you.

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought animes would be much better if they didn't edit or censor them for when they came over to America. It really is depressing they do that and tone it down for children. :(

    I used to watch Sailor Moon a lot and even collected some of the [vhs] tapes. I loved all of the sailor scouts, really, but the ones I loved most were Jupiter, Pluto, Nephrite, and Kunzite.

    I was very upset when Nephrite was killed off. I wanted very much for him to hook up with Naru. I was also sad for Kunzite (wasn'the also called malikite?) when Zoisite was killed off. They were my favorite official couple.

    Looking at them now in the images here, I can't help be reminded of how much I loved them as a couple. Though I watched the anime and remember Zoisite being a girl in that. I also keep thinking of Wolfram and Gunter in terms of Kunzite an Zoisites hair and personalities. LOL

    I haven't watched the series in ages and I don't feel all that interested in doing so, but I still love the characters by themselves - outside of the series. It might be nice to see them again.

    - ShibuyaVonB2

    ReplyDelete